Thursday, February 14, 2013

9 point Truffled Arugula Pizza

One of the yummiest things you could do is order a huge white pie from your favorite pizzeria,  top it with truffle oil and a mountain of arugula, and then close the box while its still hot so everything melts together.  It is sinfully delicious and unfortunately not figure friendly at all!
I wanted to come up with a recipe that would give all of the delicious flavor without the guilt!

I scoured all through Wegmans to find the perfect crust and toppings.
My fiance and I are on Weight Watchers and this flatbread comes to only 2 points which is very impressive, most wraps and torillas are double that!  It also helped that the flavor is delicious and it crisped up beautifully while cooking!  It came in other flavors but the spinach is the least points so that's what I went with.


I picked up some roasted garlic (1 pt for 9 cloves), roasted tomatoes (1 pt for 6 pieces), roasted red peppers (0 pts), and Artichoke Lemon pesto which just sounded so good I couldn't leave it! (1pt for 1 tbsp)

 Drizzle about a tsp of truffle oil on the flatbread.  Each teaspoon of truffle oil is 2 points so that's where you really want to measure and not go over board.  If you are really lightly drizzling you could get away with even less!  Now add the toppings you like and put 1/4 c of mozzerella.  I used whole milk (2pts for 1/4c) because that's what I had in the house but you could make it even lighter with a skim milk mozz!
Bake for 8-12 minutes.  I baked 2 at a time in a toaster oven because our oven is out of commission at the moment... so that is why the baking time is so vague.  Just keep an eye on it, the longer you leave it in the crispier the crust will get and toastier your cheese will get!

Once it's out of the oven, cover it with a big pile of arugula (0pts!).  We used an arugula & baby spinach blend just to add some extra texture.  Then tightly cover it (we used foil but you can use a glass lid or seran wrap) for about 5 minutes so the greens can wilt.

Ta da!  Looks delicious and you get to eat the whole thing!!

 You can fold it, roll it, dig in with a knife and fork, or slice it up like I did for crispy quarters!  However you eat yours, be prepared for awesome flavor!!  Experiment with different toppings, if you like meat you can add some prosciutto or langostina tails!


The boys gave this one 6 thumbs up!  I definitely recommend trying it out for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment